Home / Archive / Campus News - January 2008
Don't just make a living, make a difference!
- Hiring and managing of office staff.
- Coordinate staff schedules and projects.
- Staff overseen:
- Receptionists, Office and Administrative Assistants
- Janitor and Maintenance Officers
- Security Officers
- Staff overseen:
- Responsible for the upkeep of the facility and grounds.
- Manage and perform general office tasks, including, but not limited to, office and janitorial supply inventory and ordering, maintaining employee files, state licensing renewals, maintain building schedule, etc.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills.
- An intrapreneurial mindset, taking ownership of your department and implementing innovative systems to make the office run more effectively.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft World and Excel.
- The ability to:
- organize and manage several projects at once
- foresee problems and conflicts and solve them quickly and efficiently
- work independently and think “out of the box”
- think systematically
- manage staff
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resume to Gary Arnell at email@example.com.
Full time. To start February 2008.
Responsibilities: To oversee and administrate GWC Off-Campus Programs which include Extension Courses, Statesmanship Seminars and Distance Studies. Manage the day-today operations as well as long-range strategic planning and execution to expand the programs into new cities and states.
Skills required: Management ability and experience, great customer service, computer skills, phone etiquette, creativity, writing ability and intrapreneurial mind-set. Some teaching experience as well as educational experience through one of GWC’s off-campus programs is preferred.
Deadline: To be considered for this position, e-mail your resume or curriculum vitae to Dr. Julie Earley by January 15, 2008.
- Responsible for the accuracy and security of all student academic records
- Responsible for enrollment and registration systems and processes for on- and off-campus programs for all degrees offered
- Responsible to ensure timely and accurate class rolls, grades, and transcript processing
- Responsible for financial systems associated with all Registrar functions
- Corroborate with faculty on course offerings
- Provide enrollment, registration data to administration and faculty as needed
- Provide diplomas and transcripts, as appropriate, for all programs offered by the college
- Ensure compliance with financial, legal and governmental audit requirements
- Academic counseling with students.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Able to appropriately delegate tasks and manage work of office assistants
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Proficient in the office productivity applications such as MS Word, Excel, and Quickbooks
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- A “Raving Fans” mentality
- An intrapreneurial mindset, taking ownership of your department to find new and innovative systems to make the office run more effectively.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- BA\BS degree or equivalent
- One year experience in administrative support positions
- One year experience in direct customer interaction and support
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to Gary Arnell, Vice President of Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduation (annually the 3rd week of October)
- Statesmanship Invitational (annually the end of April)
- Graduate Seminars (March, May, August, October, and December)
- Summer Seminars
- Other Seminars and Events
The time required varies per position, but all coordinator positions include pre-event, event and post-event hours.
The compensation for this position is tuition trade and possible cash payment depending on the time commitment.
For more information or to arrange an interview, contact the Director of Operations, Tressa Roberts, at 435-586-6570 or send an email.PrintShare this article with a Friend